Monday, October 20, 2008

Parabens, just a thought

Do you know what's in your daily moisturizer? A lot of people haven't heard of these and I was shocked when I heard about them. They are chemicals (nature based) that can be found in MANY shampoos, cosmetics, lotions, deodorants, etc. There are very FEW studies that show they are bad for your health, BUT, they have been linked to BREAST CANCER. Click here for an interesting article on the effects of parabens. If anything they are skin irritants. Growing up I had extremely sensitive skin. Though for most things I buy what's cheapest, for my skin I try to buy daily moisturizers that are paraben-free. Once you start looking, it's interesting to see who uses them and who doesn't (most do even the ones you think wouldn't, I won't name names, you can look for yourself). Choosing companies that are interested in preserving the environment and who choose environmentally friendly products also are likely to create products that are healthier for us and vice versa. Just a thought.

No comments: