Saturday, January 3, 2009

Envirokidz

I've been trying to buy organic food for my family when I can find it on sale or when the price difference isn't too bad. Yesterday while I was doing my grocery shopping I found an organic kids cereal - Envirokidz Organic that was a really great price, about $2/box. That's definitely doable! It's USDA certified organic and they have lots of different kinds to choose from with cute animal pics on the front. I bought a box to try out and after reading through the material on the box I was really impressed. There are no preservatives, it's gluten free, and has low sodium. They also donate 1% of there sales to endangered species, which just feels good, and to top it all off, they reduce their packaging size by 10% which is not only good for the environment (saves 1.3 mil gallons of water, 940,000 KWh of energy, and 144 tons of paperboard) but there isn't that wasted space in the box like most cereals so you actually know what you are paying for.
The big test: Does it taste good? ---- My three year old daughter loved it!
Go Envirokidz!

I read somewhere that organic food prices are based on supply and demand. If we buy it more, the prices will go down, so do what you can to buy Organic. Sometimes you can even find coupons which will make the prices equivalent if not cheaper than its non-organic competitor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's one that you might want to try if your kids are into juice:

It's called First Juice. It contains 50% less sugar then the leading 100% juice, it’s less sweet, which trains the taste buds to not expect and crave a sweet taste. Additionally, each juice contains fruit and a veggie which helps expand a child’s taste. contains 50% less sugar then the leading 100% fruit juice.

It's also packaged in a no spill, reusable sippy cup. You can get a 32oz bottle for about 5$, or a package of 8oz smaller bottles for $5.58...and then refill them with the larger bottle to save money.