Wednesday, February 2, 2011

5 ways to reuse plastic containers

We have a lot of yogurt and sour cream containers at our house and I just hate knowing they are perfectly good for something but I'm still throwing them out - even though I'm recycling. So I thought I'd share a few ways that I reuse my plastic containers.

1. seed starters - if you have a garden, or even if you want to keep an herb garden on your kitchen window sill, these are great! I'll be starting my seeds soon!

2. kids stuff - my daughter loves to make little "collections". She has beads, coins, barbie pieces, little paper projects, necklaces. These are perfect for all her little things.

3. Sending meals in them. My mom always saved containers and took meals to people in them, the best are the salad tubs they are wide and clear. It's nice because then you don't have to worry about getting your dish back.

4. In the garage - I think most garages have plenty of uses for these containers, my husband has asked me to save a bunch to put his nails, bolts, and stuff in. You can label the outside so you know exactly what is in each of them.

5. Leftovers - instead of buying plastic containers to put your left overs in, save your money and reuse!

I hope this just starts your thinking of reasons why you can and should reuse, maybe you can find even more ways!

No comments: